Exotic Animals & Wildlife
Here at Seren Vets, our experienced team includes vets and nurses with a special interest and additional qualifications in the treatment of exotic animals, zoological species and wildlife, allowing us to offer exceptional care to these species. Our specialist facilities are designed to cater for the specific needs of these pets too.
We treat a wide variety of species, including:
Mammals such as rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, chinchillas, degus, hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, hedgehogs, sugar gliders and meerkats.
Reptiles, such as snakes, lizards (geckos, bearded dragons, chameleons), crocodiles, tortoises, turtles and terrapins.
Birds, such as parrots, cockatiels, budgies, canaries, chickens and ducks.
Fish, such as goldfish, marine and freshwater aquarium fish, koi and pond species.
Amphibians, such as frogs, toads and axolotls.
Invertebrates, such as insects, spiders and snails.
This list is not exhaustive and our exotic veterinary team would be happy to discuss any requirements for unusual species.
- Extended vet consults for our newly registered pets so we can discuss your pet’s specific needs including diet and environment
- Routine healthcare such as neutering, vaccinations, parasite checks
- Other consults to help keep your pet healthy, including weight clinics, behaviour advice, beak and claw trims, and tortoise pre- and post- hibernation checks
- A unique waiting room so that you can wait away from cats and dogs
- Exotic animal dentistry expertise
- Emergency exotic healthcare including surgery
- Access to specialist diagnostic services such as diagnostic imaging and species-specific blood testing
- A dedicated exotic pet recovery ward where prey and predators are kept separately
- Specialist bespoke equipment to support species-specific requirements.